The TEX Advisory Board provides strategic guidance and oversight to the Thriving Earth Exchange Program. This board sets program goals, develops strategic plans, advises on policy, serves as program ambassador, and measures progress toward goals. The TEX Advisory Board reports to the Board of Directors.
Laurie Leshin, Worcester Polytechnic Institute
Lauren Augustine Alexander, National Academy of Science
Vinya Ariyaratne, Sarvodaya Shramadana Movement
Jessica Ball, United States Geological Survey
John Bwarie, Stratiscope Consulting
Mahmud Farooque, Arizona State University
Greg Holland, National Center for Atmospheric Research
Susan Jasko, California University of Pennsylvania
Jennifer Jurado, Director of the Natural Resources Planning and Management Division of Broward County
Michael Kleeman, University of California at San Diego
Anne Nolin, Oregon State University
Kevin Noone, Swedish Secretariat for Environmental Earth System Sciences
Kristina Peterson, Lowlander Center
Jim Pizzuto, University of Delaware
Ramesh P. Singh, Chapman College
Eric Davidson, AGU President-elect
Chris McEntee, AGU Executive Director/CEO
Robin Bell, AGU President-elect
Raj Pandya, Director, TEX
Provide ongoing strategic direction and oversight of the TEX initiative, including expanding beyond the initial pilot projects
- Serve as ambassadors for TEX with AGU members, potential sponsors, and other key partners
- Help TEX develop strategic partnerships
- Provide input and advice regarding communications and program design
- Provide advice on multi- year operational and business plan and assess progress in meeting the plan
- Provide regular reports to and consult with AGU Board and Council as needed
- Advise on overall fiscal, operational and partnership policies
- Advise on policy for addressing legal and other contractual issues
- Review and revise the TEX strategic plan.
- Provide advice and support to TEX program for short- and longer-term implementation of the strategic plan.
- Develop a business plan for sustaining TEX beyond 2019
- Assess TEX progress toward programmatic goals, including community impact and centennial goals.
The Thriving Earth Exchange Advisory Board will meet three (3) times per year, and one meeting a year will be in in person. All Advisory Board Members are asked to participate in all Advisory Board Meetings.
Questions about this committee can be directed to Raj Pandya (email@example.com).