The Audit Committee is responsible for oversight of the annual independent audit of the Union.
Louise Pellerin, Green Geophysics, Inc., Berkeley, Calif.
Rana Fine, University of Miami, Pinecrest, Florida
Nancy Glenn, Boise State University, Boise, Idaho
Jacob Haqq-Misra, Blue Marble State Institute of Science, State College, Pennsylvania
Mark Moldwin, University of Michigan Ann Arbor, Ann Arbor, Michigan
Michael Andrews, Chief Financial Officer
- Participate in the annual financial audit, review the results, and make recommendations as needed, to the Board of Directors to ensure that internal controls are maintained and financial management is adequate to protect and safeguard the Union’s assets.
- Evaluate the need to conduct a selection process for independent external auditors every 7 years.
- Ensure annual audits are successfully completed.
- Being mindful of the financial uncertainties facing the AGU currently and in the future, carefully evaluate all the systems underlying the management of the Union’s financial resources
- The committee meets with the independent auditors annually in June to review the prior year’s audit results.
- Report on progress of the committee to the Board of Directors once per year, or more frequently as required.
Questions about this committee can be directed to Michael Andrews (email@example.com).