The AGU Board of Directors is responsible for the overall health of the organization and handles the business affairs of AGU, including legal, financial, strategy, and governance. The Board works together with the Council, committees/task forces/volunteers, and staff to advance AGU’s strategic plan.
Several committees and task forces that work on behalf of the Board are chaired by Board members; others relate directly to the Board’s financial and legal responsibilities. All committees/task forces provide reports to the Board and Council twice a year.
Committees that report to the AGU Board of Directors:
- Audit Committee, chaired by the General Secretary
- Bylaws Task Force (convened as needed)
- Development Board, chair serves as Board member
- Ethics Committee (convened as needed)
- Executive Committee, chaired by the AGU President
- Finance & Investment Committee, chaired by the General Secretary
- Governance Committee, chaired by the AGU Past President
- International Participation Committee (CIP), chaired by the International Secretary